Invalid key Length
(4, 754)
Invalid node structure
(4, 755)
** The volume Macintosh HD could not be repaired

HELP!!! what does this mean!!!:Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
This basically means that your OS system library is not able to be restored because there is most likely a bad sector on your HD.
The only fix for this error is to erase/reformat the HD and do a completely clean install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Pop in the system disc, hit restart and hold down 'C" after the chime. Select language and then go to Utilities in the Menu bar, select Disk Utility > Erase and that will wipe the drive and everything will be gone. Go to partition, partition if only on e single partition, from Options choose GUID if an Intel machine and Apple partition Map if a PowerPC.

If the drive cannot be repaired just buy a new one. DiskWarrior is good but at $99 cheaper to replace the drive.

OP
J
Reaction score
I tried the start up disk and pushing the but nothing happens it just gets to the apple and the spinning wheel. Then it just turns off. I know this doesn't look good lol

OP
J
Reaction score
I there any way to completely clean out the computer and then re install the everything?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
HELP!!! what does this mean!!!

It simply means your hard drive is toast. It should be replaced. If you've been making backups with Time Machine you won't lose data. Buy the new hard drive, install it, boot with your install media, format the new hard drive, restore from Time Machine. If you have no backup, just reinstall everything from your startup DVD.

I there any way to completely clean out the computer and then re install the everything?

See above.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.