Downloading Camera Images

H

hank1

Had my eMac download all my pictures from a Canon PowerShot S50 in no time, including RAW files. They would some how go through the Epson Perfection 2450 Photo scanner(see a previous note on that problem) and Photoshop.

Now on the new G5, I don't have a choice. The images go through iPhoto, and come up as
Code:
Unreadable Files

What do you think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I noticed that with my Digital Rebel XT too....

From the website:

----------------

NOTE: RAW files from Canon digital cameras cannot be downloaded in OS X via Image Capture. We suggest the use of the File Viewer Utility or an external card reader. Also, movie files shot with PowerShot cameras cannot be downloaded in OS X via Image Capture or iPhoto. We suggest the use of ImageBrowser or an external card reader.

-------------

Did your powershot come with the CD for ImageBrowser? This program also installed a component called RAW Image Task for me... which allows me to import the RAW files and then adjust and export them as 8bit or 16bit TIFFs. If you really need the original RAW files you might try an external card reader.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.