Mac mini OS X 10.4.11 update

Reaction score
Helloooo

If anyone can advise on upgrading the above that would be much appreciated!

It's getting difficult to surf the net without an up to date browser (using old safari) but all new browsers aren't supported with 10.4.11. Also other new software won't load (just got office 2011 and can't use it).

1. What could I upgrade to with this and how please?
2. I have Adobe CS2 installed and Dreamweaver etc and am worried that this software won't work if I update the OS - but as this is expensive I'm not sure what to do? I don;t want to have to start again buying everything from scratch....

Is there a way around this? Hoping someone can advise! :)

Thank you!
Bev

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
What model machine is it that you have? even the year/ processor speed will help.

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
And you then look for Leopard or Snow Leopard full retain install DVD's, make sure they are not the silver/gray model specific system discs, and spend a buck and buy the discs. Whenever you upgrade the operating system, have a hunt around the Adobe and Dreamweaver forums and see if others are using the later system with no problems.

C

chas_m

It's getting difficult to surf the net without an up to date browser (using old safari) but all new browsers aren't supported with 10.4.11. Also other new software won't load (just got office 2011 and can't use it).

Why have you stopped at 10.4.11? If you have a Intel, upgrade to Snow Leopard. If not, upgrade to Leopard.

2. I have Adobe CS2 installed and Dreamweaver etc and am worried that this software won't work if I update the OS - but as this is expensive I'm not sure what to do? I don;t want to have to start again buying everything from scratch....

You wouldn't be, but you probably WILL need to upgrade your software. Hello, this is a normal and typical part of owning a computer. Upgrading isn't as expensive as buying new, but its part and parcel of using a computer. You wouldn't expect a car to run indefinitely without periodically buying gas or changing the oil, would you?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.