I need MBP expert help...

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking at seriously buying a MBP, just torn on a few items...

1. I do ALOT of MetaCAM(Water-Jet programming/operations) and Google Sketch-up Pro work. Along with pretty much everything else in the Microsoft Office Program. So I need a MBP that can keep up with internet browsing with multi tabs open, watching my email, running a few programs like AutoCAD and MetaCAM(Which will be kind of rare to have all running, but I don't want my comp to freeze)

2. Price is not that big of a deal, But I would like to keep it under $2500. Under $2000 would be even better.

3. Now the million dollar question.
13" Core 2 Duo or the 15" i5(beast)

I would love the Anti-Glare Hi-Res glass as well. But It only comes on the 15". As you know. But it isn't that big of a deal really if I can get by with a 13"...

So, which one do I get?
(Also, I am not going to upgrade the RAM or Hard Drive through Apple, waaaay to expensive, I can get all the same stuff for about half or more less then what they charge)

Would a 13" do me fine? Or do I have no choice and get a 15"?

Thanks for all your help. :)

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
For CAD you probably want to get the 15" MBP with the dedicated GPU. The 13" can do what you want but you might have some trouble trying to multi-task with CAD open and whatever other programs. Since the 13" has to share memory with the GPU.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
For what you are planning to do with it ..... get the i5 beast :)
Throw in some extra RAM, so the machine will benefit from that.

Cheers ... McBie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.