Is this compatible?

Reaction score
Geek Alert!

Sorry if this is in the completely wrong section... but I have a question I was hoping someone could help me with.

Lately I've been having this urge to play Oregon Trail... haha.

I found a really cheap version online but I have no idea if it's compatible with my mac...

Requirements for Macintosh Mac OS 8.6 9.2 OS X Power PC 180 MHz or faster 32 MB RAM 120 MB free hard disk space 640x480 monitor thousands of colors 8X CD-ROM drive

I have no idea what that means. I know there's the intel mac that I have... and the one before that... According to the system requirements above the game would *not* work with my computer.................. would it? Maybe?

::crosses fingers::

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
What specs are your computer and what OS are you running? This info will help us to help you.

- Simon

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I found a really cheap version online but I have no idea if it's compatible with my mac...

Requirements for Macintosh Mac OS 8.6 9.2 OS X Power PC 180 MHz or faster 32 MB RAM 120 MB free hard disk space 640x480 monitor thousands of colors 8X CD-ROM drive

I have no idea what that means. I know there's the intel mac that I have...

Nope...this game will not run on your Intel mac.

The specs listed for the game are for a 10-12 year-old computer...and today's Intel Mac's cannot run OS 8.6-9.2.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.