New Member to MacForums

Reaction score
Hello all. I'm a new member here and introducing myself. I am a mid twenty year old male student who loves Apple products. I have an iPhone 4, iPod Nano 3rd and 4th gen and a 13" 2.66 C2D MBP. I recently purchased and installed 8 GB ram and a 240GB SSD in the MBP and it's awesome! Not only are the widely known boot times way faster but it's buttery smooth multitasking etc. on the MBP. I bought my equipment from OWC @ Macsales.com and their business is extremely well established as well as friendly too. I highly recommend buying products from them. I also run a VM with Windows 7 64 bit and given my modifications, everything runs at native speeds. I am going to school to become a Computer Networking Engineer and am doing some research on the choice. For those of you that know, what's the best route with an undergraduate degree and well placed career in mind? I need to pick a route in reference to networking. Which is better? Is Cisco or a Microsoft emphasized background better in regards to my goals? Please forward some knowledge or comments if you know about this topic. I am trying to set myself up for success.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I would start with Microsofts MCP, MCSA, MCSE, although the courses can bit a little pricey it's what a lot of employers are looking for.

- Simon

OP
N
Reaction score
thanks

Thanks Buzzard. I hear mixed reviews from various people. Microsoft's Certs can be had but what do you say as an oriented degree path? I hear Cisco is more widely known and implemented therefore you can serve more clients which will make one more marketable for future employments, and from what you say, Microsoft's specific certifications are hot on Employer's hiring lists. I'm leaning towards Cisco but want to get a good amount of info before committing 4+ years of my life.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.