Airport Extreme Wireless Card for iBook G4

Reaction score
I recently purchased an airport extreme wireless card for my iBook and when the computer starts up, it prompts me to restart the computer, and won't go any further. Any suggestions? I believe I installed it correctly.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I recently purchased an airport extreme wireless card for my iBook and when the computer starts up, it prompts me to restart the computer, and won't go any further. Any suggestions? I believe I installed it correctly.

One way to test if the Airport card was installed correctly...is remove the Airport card...and see if the computer starts up normally.

If it starts up normally...and if the Airport card was installed properly (originally)...then maybe the Airport card is bad.

If after removing the Airport card...the computer still does not start up properly...then the computer is the problem...and not the Airport card.

- Nick

OP
A
Reaction score
The computer runs fine when I take the card back out. Is there another way to test the card? Thanks

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
The computer runs fine when I take the card back out. Is there another way to test the card? Thanks

Not really...unless you have a 2nd computer that can use the same card.

The best we can do without access to a 2nd computer to test the card in is...if the computer works without the card...and doesn't work with the card installed...then card is bad.:(

Sorry,

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.