Niggly issue with Snow Leopard Firewall setting *PIC*

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
bGZkR.png

This comes up about 5 or 10 seconds after every time I open up iTunes. I've specified it to allow connections in the Firewall:

nTQhI.png

Any ideas? It butts in every time, wish i could just permanently tell it to allow iTunes :Sleeping:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Why have the Firewall turned on at all? There is no need for it to be on at all unless you work somewhere that says you have to have it turned on by there policy. It's also the reason Apple ships it's computers out with the Firewall turned off by default.
Read this for more info... http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sw...-official-antivirus-malware-firewall-faq.html

Hope this clears things up. I used to have the exact same problem with iTunes doing that, not a problem anymore.
- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
This is a sorta a bug with iTunes, it comes from any icon mods you make or if you change the default iTunes icon.
iTunes is signed by Apple as a Safe application, and whatever changes you make to iTunes breaks this. You can click the Allow button till your mouse wears out, without a clean install of iTunes or the above post and the below alternative it will not go away.

If you want to get rid of this alert dialogue without turning off the Firewall, go into the iTunes preferences>Sharing and turn off Library sharing and look for shared libraries.

OP
MDJCM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
Why have the Firewall turned on at all? There is no need for it to be on at all unless you work somewhere that says you have to have it turned on by there policy. It's also the reason Apple ships it's computers out with the Firewall turned off by default.
Read this for more info... http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/sw...-official-antivirus-malware-firewall-faq.html

Hope this clears things up. I used to have the exact same problem with iTunes doing that, not a problem anymore.
- Simon

I suppose i'm more worried about programs communicating out without my permission, especially ones where the license has expired *cough*

But i'll live with the iTunes problem since its the only niggle of having the firewall on, that i can see at the moment.

OP
MDJCM
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 13" MBP with SSD
If you want to get rid of this alert dialogue without turning off the Firewall, go into the iTunes preferences>Sharing and turn off Library sharing and look for shared libraries.

Interesting, i thought you hit the nail on the head there with that, but i looked in the settings and thats already turned off :Oops:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
Hmm, I tried it again and turning off the "Share my library on my local network" defiantly makes the firewall prompt go away.
m20l5t102f9n18g

I'm on OS 10.6.6 and iTunes 10.0

C

chas_m

1. Turn off the **** software firewall.
2. Get your "expired" software legal.

Voila, problem solved! You're welcome.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.