mac book format

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2007 macbook 2.2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo/ ipod shuffle 4th Gen. 2Gb
hello there i've got a Mac-book and i want to "format" it but i don't know how... :( any ideas????

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
hello there i've got a Mac-book and i want to "format" it but i don't know how... :( any ideas????

Let's be perfectly clear...what are you trying to format?

Assuming you mean the hard drive...can you tell us why you need/want to format your hard drive? Just so we don't head down an unnecessary path...in case we can fix things in an alternative manner.:)

- Nick

OP
p3ris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i've got this problem with my mac-book: when i use my mac-book it's free space is getting smaller and smaller.
for example i have about 20Gb free hard disk space an it randomly starts and gettin smaller so there are many time i have few Kb free space, my mac-book cannot work properly, the truth is that it doesn't work so i have to delete files.
i had posted feew months ago my problem but i took no effective solutions so i think that it is better to format my mac-book...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
i've got this problem with my mac-book: when i use my mac-book it's free space is getting smaller and smaller.
for example i have about 20Gb free hard disk space an it randomly starts and gettin smaller so there are many time i have few Kb free space, my mac-book cannot work properly, the truth is that it doesn't work so i have to delete files.
i had posted feew months ago my problem but i took no effective solutions so i think that it is better to format my mac-book...

Yeah...I do vaguely seem to remember this problem. If you want to reformat your MacBook's hard drive...you need a Mac OS install disk to boot the computer from.

If you don't have a Mac OS install disk...then you need one. If you do have one...let us know...and we can explain further.:)

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I can't see any possible reason that your MacBook is using up 20gb of space just because you are "using" it. Surely you must be downloading something/ installing something/ updating alot of things?

- Simon

OP
p3ris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
the problem is that the files i'm downloading are automatically saved in my external hard drive, but when i don't have any internet connections this problem still exists.

OP
p3ris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh!!!! i don't have a Mac OS install disk,
thank u Nick and Simon!!!!

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Oh!!!! i don't have a Mac OS install disk,
thank u Nick and Simon!!!!

Yupp...you definitely need a disk to boot from to do an internal hard drive reformat.

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.