Unable to see Mac and Documents after windows 7 Ultimate install

Reaction score
Hello everyone hope all is well
I have a question about parallels I have it running on my Macbook, and it has been running Windows 7 Professional fine. I recently updated to Win7 ultimate and now I am unable to view any of my documents that are on my desktop on my Mac on the windows side. I remember when I had a fresh install of 7 Professional all my documents I had on the Mac side showed up on the windows side. Would I have to delete the version of windows all together and install the VM from scratch? Any and all assistance would be welcomed and appreciated.
Thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I'm not familiar with Parallels, but in VMWare Fusion after an update like that you have to go back into "sharing" and re-designate those Windows folders and files that you wish to share. I'm not sure whether that's something Parallels would do automatically. I don't believe you would have to remove the VM and install again, however.

OP
K
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with Parallels, but in VMWare Fusion after an update like that you have to go back into "sharing" and re-designate those Windows folders and files that you wish to share. I'm not sure whether that's something Parallels would do automatically. I don't believe you would have to remove the VM and install again, however.

Well that definitely comforting that I don’t have to reinstall the OS I will check that out. Thanks for taking the time out and giving me a hand.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.