Ubuntu... Super sad face

Reaction score
I'm sure you guys have heard this a million times, but here it goes again for the millionth and one. I installed Ubuntu successfully so I could sync music onto my Archos 5 Android. I restarted my computer to go back to Mac OSX but it wasn't there?!?! I held down alt while rebooting but it only showed the Ubuntu HDD. I'm positive I did everything right, I partitioned the hard drive without a hitch and install went smooth. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

P.S. No, I didn't back up squat... I know.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Try booting from the OSX install dvd, going to Utilities > Disk Utility click the First Aid tab then do a Verify and Repair. That should rectify the boot record files and give you the option for OSX.

- Simon

OP
Leighzer
Reaction score
I tried that multiple times, I ended up just erasing everything and starting fresh. I'm going to try again and to it the right way!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
OK well let us know how you get on

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.