Snow Leopard update, I am now uneasy.

Reaction score
My edition of Snow Leopard arrived about an hour ago. While waiting I found this forum, read several posts about Snow Leopard updates and now am uneasy about installing it.

My OSX Leopard OS is version 10.5.8. My Mac was Purchased in April 2009. What will happen if I put this new disc in? Yes, I have been updating as the software becomes available.

Will the applications such as iPhoto, iMovie and iCal run with Snow Leopard?

I also have Windows XP on it Via Bootcamp but I imagine that the partition will shield it from anything I do with OSX.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
The applications you mention will run. Suggest you backup your current OS and then run Snow Leopard, updating to OS X.6.6 using the Combo Updater from the Apple web site:-

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1349

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
Yes, everything will work, but, do a backup if you can, just incase.

OP
M
Reaction score
Many thanks for your replies, I will have to wait though because my external back up drive (used with time machine) has died. I note on Harry's post to hang on to my original discs like grim death. Interesting comment but I certainly do with such important software. Again thank you
Doug

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well if you keep using the forums, and we sure hope you do, it is amazing the number of folk who have lost, sold, misplaced, damaged, lent or claim never to have received the discs when they purchased their machines, both new and pre-loved!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Many thanks for your replies, I will have to wait though because my external back up drive (used with time machine) has died. I note on Harry's post to hang on to my original discs like grim death. Interesting comment but I certainly do with such important software. Again thank you
Doug

And to add to this, make a copy of both the Install DVD's as well and keep them in a safe place. Off site if possible then you will be doubly sure that you will always have them. I just made bootable copy onto a 8GB Flash Drive.
Peace of mind IMO

Cheers

Reaction score
My edition of Snow Leopard arrived about an hour ago. While waiting I found this forum, read several posts about Snow Leopard updates and now am uneasy about installing it.

My OSX Leopard OS is version 10.5.8. My Mac was Purchased in April 2009. What will happen if I put this new disc in? Yes, I have been updating as the software becomes available.

Will the applications such as iPhoto, iMovie and iCal run with Snow Leopard?

I also have Windows XP on it Via Bootcamp but I imagine that the partition will shield it from anything I do with OSX.

Thank you.

Be nervous...be VERY nervous. SL is, just as I had heard from many others, a joke!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
In order to take advantage of newer applications sooner or later SL will be a necessity
and only a few had problems nothing that could not be rectified.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" Intel iMac 2.4 Ghz/3G Ram/320HD, Snow Leopard. PBook G4, 1.5Ghz/1.5 Ram/250 HD, Leopard 10.5.6.
Be nervous...be VERY nervous. SL is, just as I had heard from many others, a joke!!

The least helpful thing I have ever read, and COMPLETE nonsense.

C

chas_m

SOMEBODY forgot to put down the crack pipe today ...

Literally tens of millions of people are running Snow Leopard RIGHT NOW, including me.

No joke.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS

I think you had too much of the wrong ' medication ' last night mate.
That comment is a load of bull and not helping anyone.

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I think you had too much of the wrong ' medication ' last night mate.
That comment is a load of bull and not helping anyone.

Cheers ... McBie

+1 for that

- Simon

Reaction score
SOMEBODY forgot to put down the crack pipe today ...

Literally tens of millions of people are running Snow Leopard RIGHT NOW, including me.

No joke.

Literally tens of millions of people are running VISTA RIGHT NOW too!!

Brilliant logic!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We got us some trolls!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.