Icons

Reaction score
How do I make icons for a mac os x in photoshop, and then how do I change the icon from an app to that icon I made.

-Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
you can make your icon in photoshop just the same way as you would make any other image really, just make it the size that you want, i like to save them as png's then all you have to do is open up your picture and hit copy (command + C ) and then select the item you want to add your icon to , for instance a device such as your digital camera, select the icon of the device you want to change the icon of and press Command + I to get information about the item your wanting to change the icon of, then all you do is select the little image and press command + V to paste it, close the info box and your icon should be changed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
Ghostshadow said:
you can make your icon in photoshop just the same way as you would make any other image really, just make it the size that you want, i like to save them as png's then all you have to do is open up your picture and hit copy (command + C ) and then select the item you want to add your icon to , for instance a device such as your digital camera, select the icon of the device you want to change the icon of and press Command + I to get information about the item your wanting to change the icon of, then all you do is select the little image and press command + V to paste it, close the info box and your icon should be changed.

This isn't working for me, any way to go about through Candybar or Pixadex?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G3 - You'll be missed.
in pixadex select the image and hit command + C and then Command + I the item you are wanting to change the icon of , then hit command + V to paste the image, it should work just fine, depending on what your changing the icon of, in candy bar just drag your icon onto the icon in candy bar and then apply the changes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.