XCode issue, iphone 4.2 sdk doesn't show up

Reaction score
I was lent a Mac OSX to develop an iphone app. Got the book, got the registration, downloaded the iphone SDK and tried to install it.

The MAC already had xcode (older version) and a SDK (older version, 3.1 i think). I uninstalled it using the terminal:

/Developer/Library/uninstall -mode=all (or something like that, i'm bringing that from the back of my head)

And then installed the new SDK and XCode.

When i start XCode, i still have the 3.1 SDK and Simulator and i can't find anywhere in the project setting how to change to SDK 4.2...

Can anyone help me with this issue?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
When you create a new project (lets just say a navigation based project for now) you should have the window come up and in the top right hand of the screen there should be a drop-down menu called "Simulator - 3.1.3 | Debug" or something very similar. You should be able to choose which SDK you want to use from there.

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
Also make sure you have the very latest from here:

iOS Dev Center - Apple Developer

in the downloads section you should see "Xcode 3.2.5 and iOS SDK 4.2" click on it to download.

- Simon

OP
C
Reaction score
Never mind my question

After more thorough searching through the computer hard disk (I'm not a MAC user so imagine me trying to understand that darn finder) i found that the previous guy had installed XCode in a different location and thus had now 2 XCode installed, one that saw only 3.1 and one that can only see 4.2 :)

So i'll just uninstall 3.1 manually and migrate the old project and everything will be fine...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Glad you found the answer!

- Simon

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.