Syncing Macs and iPhone

Reaction score
Hello to all...

I've had my iMac for little over 1 year and it's awesome!
I'm now looking into purchasing another Mac, a MacBook Air.

I also use my iphone quite heavily.
Is it possible to somehow sync the information onto both computers and iphone stuff?

I do most of my work on my iMac but i'm finding that I am away more and more so I would 'ideally' like to be able to (for want of a better word) clone my iMac onto the MBA. and conversely when I return home i would like to be able just connect the two machines and presto all information is in both places.

Can this be achieved?

Reaction score
I have the same question and not getting a reply in a year makes me a bit nervous now. I'm sure there is a way, I guess we have to use our Googlefu and find out a way.

My wife has a MBA and a iMac and she needs the same thing done. I even used the directions (can you believe that) that came with the MBA. Since I wasn't there at the initial setup, not sure if it is going to be harder or even feasible now. I don't know, I guess we will see.

Reaction score
Hi I posted this very question and no answers have been forthcoming!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mid-2012 15" MBP 2.6GHz i7, Late-2011 13" MBP 2.4 GHz i5, Early-2008 Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Xeon
What I would do is setup a Time Machine, with a time machine you can sync both of your computers and your iphone via what I think is wifi (could be bluetooth idk for sure). The base model has 2tb of storage on but it will cost you a few hundred bucks but if you really need it than its worth it. On the Apple website in the "Store" tab there is a link for "chat" it is rather small but not too hard to find. Click on that and you will be connected live with a sales rep that can answer any other questions you may have.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.