Connection Speakers to Imac?

Reaction score
i have the latest imac and a pair of celestion F10 speakers.
the connection for the speakers is a cable which requires connecting by touching metal wires (not a jack) not sure what this is called, if anyone could enlighten me i would be grateful. How can i connect the two to get the best quality??

cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2008 MB, 2.1GHz 4GB RAM, 10.5.8
if I'm right with what you describe, they're the screws that you wrap the wire round then screw the wires tight?

If so, you'll also need an amp to power the speakers. Get a decent amp, then you can use a standard headphone jack to phono (dual RCA) lead to go from the headphone out on your iMac to the amp.

For even better quality, you'll need an external soundcard, or audio interface. These come as USB and firewire, ranging in price from the awful (£50) to the truly professional (£10-20k).

Though, if I were you, i'd get the best hifi amp i could for the speakers, and cable to connect the headphone out to the amp.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.