Iphone 5 have we?

Reaction score

all are now speculating on the Iphone 5 release date coming in June?

we have seen the verizon iphone 4 with changes made to it and hotspot included to work on cdma.

now we hear of a new beta version for at&t Iphone 4.3 which includes the hotspot and?

so what makes me think that while tight lipped apple remains silent that we in fact are looking at the next Iphone 4G for at&t for this years release in June or?
with a total new release on both carriers in 2012 when more 4G coverage in place on both carriers.

to me this strategy sounds more like the game plan than releasing a LTE or AT&T 4G phone when more folks can be able to use the newer faster networks!

what do you think is it possible I just might be correct? mystified

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Agreed. My guess is an updated iPhone 4 in June and an iPhone 5 in Summer 2012. This jives with the 2 year contractual requirements for the iPhone 4 from both carriers and allows Apple to sell more phones and both carriers to keep more customers when the update comes in 12. Everyone wins, especially Apple. Couple that with the fact that Apple has pretty much said it's a yearly update cycle and a 2 year update with new hardware. This also gives both carriers the time to get their LTE networks up and running and the iPhone 5 hardware can go back to one device for both carriers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
We will definitely see new hardware this summer. Whether it's a major update or just a simple refresh is anyone's guess (most probably a simple refresh). As for whether it'll be a simultaneous AT&T and Verizon launch is, again, anybody's guess. However, it's pretty much guaranteed that you won't be seeing LTE on the iPhone till 2012 at the earliest. Apple isn't exactly on the cutting edge (just look at the first iPhone, didn't have 3G even though AT&T had a well established 3G network).

Reaction score
Hope not!

I have been waiting for ANY Iphone to come to Verizon and frankly if I buy the Iphone 4 and there just happens to be an Iphone 5 coming out in June I would be P O'd. Especially if i signed a 2 year contract. So for me, I hope it is a software update that i can add to my (soon to be my) Iphone 4 not a whole new model. Anyway if there is i think i will be satisfied with my Iphone 4 because it is my first one right? What do you think?

Rave Reviews

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There will definitely be a software update that the iPhone 4 will be getting, just as the 3GS and the 3G and the 2G got once new models were released. However, I can guarantee that there will most definitely be some new hardware coming out this summer, just like it has every summer since 2007. Keep in mind that if there are any updates that are hardware specific to the next version of the iPhone, then those updates will not be available on the iPhone 4.

If the iPhone 4 satisfies all of your needs, then yes, it will continue to do that beyond the release of a new iPhone. I used the 3G for two years, despite the 3GS being available one year after purchase. The 3G was still fully functional up until I upgraded to the iPhone 4. There are still people out there using the 2G, 3G, and 3GS models despite the existence of the iPhone 4. So to answer your question, yes, the iPhone 4 will continue to serve your needs well past the release of the next iPhone and possibly even the one after that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I just read that AT&T was doing HPSA+ AND LTE for 4G. Interesting....

Wonder how or if this will impact the hardware in the 4G iPhone when it debuts.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just read that AT&T was doing HPSA+ AND LTE for 4G. Interesting....

Wonder how or if this will impact the hardware in the 4G iPhone when it debuts.

Qualcomm currently has LTE + HSPA+ chips, but they're too big to fit into an iPhone. I imagine in a year or so when LTE sees wide deployment, Apple will use the hybrid chipset.

Reaction score
The 4g are building in soem countries, so I think the next 2 generations of iPhone will foucs on it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
I've moved your post to a more proper forum; please be sure to check the forum descriptions in the future to find the best place to post.

By posting in the right forum you help people not only find your question faster, but it helps others looking for the same information in the future.

Thanks for understanding!

Reaction score
the way i see it, the 3g iphone 4 that I have on the telus network in canada is very very fast, so I am sooooo happy with my new iphone. I had an HTC hero before my iphone and there is no comparison...

Reaction score
Although Apple's focus seems to be almost solely on its domestic market (as is the case with most American companies), the fact that it sells so much (especially phones) overseas might lead to it holding-off on the release of 4G phones.

There are some countries where 4G is only just getting established, and here in Britain there is *no* public commercial deployment of 4G yet (exactly why, I don't know).

So, they could-well release a carrier-non-specific, still 3G just with updated specs, iPhone 4S this autumn; and then roll-out the iPhone 5 with 4G connectivity in the summer next year...

C

chas_m

So, they could-well release a carrier-non-specific, still 3G just with updated specs, iPhone 4S this autumn; and then roll-out the iPhone 5 with 4G connectivity in the summer next year...

Although you're picking up on an outdated thread, I have to say I agree with your prediction.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Until battery life gets better with 4G I don't see Apple adopting it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.