I cant install bootcamp...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 Inch, 2.93Ghz Quad-Core i7 iMac & 13' MBP
how can i have this problem with a 1tb hd when im trying to format 100gb....

:S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
how can i have this problem with a 1tb hd when im trying to format 100gb....

:S

It would help if you posted the results from terminal as per my above post

Reaction score
It can happen if, for example, you created a Time Machine backup partition on your existing drive. A fair number of people do this - and if they do, Boot Camp will not partition your drive no matter how big it is.

If you run the terminal script as noted above, and post the results, we can go from there.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 Inch, 2.93Ghz Quad-Core i7 iMac & 13' MBP
i found the best way to resolve that problem was to simply boot from the osx disk and do a repair (in disk utility) on the hard drive...

Bootcamp worked perfectly after that, no need for any defrag or anything like that :)

You should give that a go!

Reaction score
Firejack: That'll work..... assuming the OP has just one partition.
If the OP has used iDefrag (as he/she has stated) I suspect the issue is that the Mac HD has two partitions. Erasing and reinstalling on the first partition won't solve this.

Hopefully the OP will get another keyboard it appears to have a sticky 'U' key ;) and will paste back the info I've suggested from terminal.

If that shows there are two or more partitions that's the problem. The bootcamp assistant expects a single partition.

yeah assuming the OP has just one partition
(to repair partitions use disk utility)

btw when I posted my first post on this topic it was the first on as it took a while to type:eek:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.