iPhone ringtones - a unique problem (i think)

Reaction score
I have a problem that is driving me crazy!! I have an iPhone 3GS (4.2.1) and iTunes 10.1.1. I have created custom ringtones all under 30secs, play fine, dropped them into the ringtones folder, phone syncs but only ONE custom ringtone appears on the phone!! If i delete that one it chooses another one but will only ever show ONE custom ringtone! They all work individually but it will only let me have one at a time

Has anyone got a solution please, it really is driving me crazy, tried everything that i have found. Re-made the ringtones, made sure they are under 30secs, taken all spaces and special characters out of the filename, deauthorisd and reauthorised itunes, deleted them, reloaded them.... anyone else experienced it? Solved it... please help!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" 2014, 2.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 250GB SSD, OSX 10.9.5 - iPhone 5s 16gb
I know it's a pain in the backside, but have you tried backing up then restoring your iPhone?

- Simon

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I answered this in the iLounge forum.

OP
S
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions, i tried a restore previously but had the same issue.

I think i found the solution, quite simple but seems to work. I dragged the ringtones into my iTunes ringtones folder and then from the iTunes folder dragged them from there into my iPhone ringtone folder and now they seem to stay there and appear on my phone. No idea why this doesn't happen when syncing but at least it works for me now :)

Reaction score
You don't even know....

Thanks for the suggestions, i tried a restore previously but had the same issue.

I think i found the solution, quite simple but seems to work. I dragged the ringtones into my iTunes ringtones folder and then from the iTunes folder dragged them from there into my iPhone ringtone folder and now they seem to stay there and appear on my phone. No idea why this doesn't happen when syncing but at least it works for me now :)

Stoo75, I've went to countless blogs, helpdesks, you name it.
YOU HAVE FIGURED IT OUT!!!
How can I thank you. I was ready to give up and use ding ding ding for all my ringtones. Your tric has worked....

Thank you, whoever you are. Those geniuses are not as smart as they think. It takes someone with a little logic to figure it out.

regards,
Mirka972 (keeping her iPhone for now)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.