IChat and PC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 DP 1.8 160 Super Drive 17 " Display
My daughter is going to school in England. I have a G5 with Tiger and she has a laptop running XP witha Logitech webcam. Can I use IChat with ISight cam and have GOOD video and audio. I saw some on MSM Messenger on a cable modem and the video was choppy. Is there another service that I can use?

B

Biturbo V12 AMG

the clarity of the video mainly has to do with your connection to the internet.if you have dial up the quality will be really choppy. DSL depending on the speed will also have some choppy times. cable is usally faster and cheaper than dsl but it will still be choppy at times. for really good clear video you have to have an upload speed of about 768k-1mbps. dont be mislead by internet providers who say you get 3mbps speed that usally is the download speed and the service usally only has a 256k-512k upload speed. where i live i can get cable with a insane speed of 1mbps upload and 9mbps i have only used the voice part and it sounds as clear as a regular phone call.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.