Splitting a Photo Help

Reaction score
Hello everyone, i need some help with splitting this photo up. (Please See Attachment 1)
I would like to split the photo at the horizon. but im not sure how and with what program, i do not own photoshop and would like to not have to buy it.

My goal is to make my desktop look like this (Desert 01' | Flickr - Photo Sharing!) using geektool, but i cant figure out how and i believe this is the only way. Any other suggestions would be helpful thank you.

01733_desert_1280x800.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
You can display images as well as text with Geektool... if you right click any data in Geektool you can send it forward or back.

I think this means that he is using Geek Tool to set his back ground. And then he is making it so that the text goes a little behind the background. Hope this helps!

CrimsonRequiem

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.3 Ghz 4GB RAM 860 GB SSD, iMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 32GB RAM, Fusion Drive 1TB
Can always try gimp. It's free and basically like Photoshop?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.8 GHz i7 MBA 11" OSX 10.8.2
He already split it for you
The desert sand
Desert.png
The psd file of the whole thing
Desert.psd
You can open it in gimp which is free as stated before.
GIMP on OS X

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
So,
at 2:00 AM, I was looking on Lifehacker, and I randomly clicked on this link and thought of this post. It's what you are looking for with a video.

The Sands of Time Desktop

Good luck!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.