Gaming on a MacBook

Reaction score
Hey,

I wasn't sure if this was the right forum to post this in, but here we go:

I've basically worn myself out with Fallout: New Vegas on my xbox, and I've always been interested in mods and such from fallout and oblivion. I figured I should download bootcamp and buy windows. I just have a couple of questions:

Minimum requirements:
CPU: dual core 2.0 GHz
Memory: 2GB RAM
Storage: 10GB free hard drive space
Video card: NVidia GForce 6 series, ATI 1300XT series

^ Those are the specs for fallout new vegas, just to keep in mind.

1. What version of windows should I get? Should I buy Windows 7 Home Premium for $200?

2. Will bootcamp slow down my computer?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
Bootcamp will not slow down your computer. It is just a utility that partitions your drive (non-destructively) and will start the Windows install for you. There is also an installation program for the necessary drivers once Windows is installed. The only thing that remains of Bootcamp once Windows is installed is a Control Panel utility that allows you to set the startup disk and reboot into OS X. You will be running Windows natively on the MacBook.

robduckyworth

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.5GHz i7, 750GB, 6770M 1GB, iPad 3, iPhone 4, custom PC
get a windows package that releases the full power of your computer. i think some packages are restricted to amount of RAM etc it uses so make sure it does before you buy it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.