iphoto is invisible

Reaction score
all of my iLife apps act as if iphoto doesn't exist: iMovie and iTunes both return error messages that i must open iphoto to see any photos there, even though it is open. i suspect that some system file is corrupted or missing, but i have no idea which one or where it is. (the usual disk repair routine has no effect)

i have iphoto 8 and imovie 8 and no desire (or need) to upgrade (i use lightroom for my real photo work, and even if i did, the problem may still exist).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
Try quitting iPhoto, and go to user library>preferences, and drag the com.apple.iPhoto .plsts to the desktop and relaunch iPhoto and see if that fixes it.

Personally, for me the fix would be to delete iLife using AppCleaner, and then reinstalling it from my install discs.

OP
regi
Reaction score
thanks

the first manuever didn't work. i hate to do the second one, but...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.