• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple releases iOS 4.3 Beta, brings new features to iPhone and iPad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
New iOS beta released offering new gestures, Xcode updated with AirPlay services for apps (updated)

It looks like apple is finally bringing airplay support to third party apps. Apple is also adding new multitouch gestures to the iPad. You will be able to a 4 or 5 finger pinch to go to the home screen, swipe up to access the multitask bar, and swipe left and right to switch between apps.

It also looks like Apple is now giving iPad users the ability to switch the iPad's slide switch back to an orientation lock in the settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
On engadget.com, they reported that hotspot feature will also be in 4.3. ...although, it requires carrier activation. So it probably will cost extra and THEN your carrier will turn it on.

OP
eliehass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
On engadget.com, they reported that hotspot feature will also be in 4.3. ...although, it requires carrier activation. So it probably will cost extra and THEN your carrier will turn it on.

Yeah. Verizon already announced that they will support the hotspot feature on launch day on the Verizon iPhone. I wonder if AT&T will support it and if they will add an extra charge...

OP
eliehass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm really hoping that the Verizon iPhone will stir up a nice competition between Verizon and AT&T regarding features and pricing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I'm really hoping that the Verizon iPhone will stir up a nice competition between Verizon and AT&T regarding features and pricing.

My guess is that the two will simply continue to mirror each-other pertty closely as they go.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S

It also looks like Apple is now giving iPad users the ability to switch the iPad's slide switch back to an orientation lock in the settings.

So, they did hear us.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air 13" , 21.5" iMac i5, White iPhone 4s 32gig, iPad 3 white 16 gig, i5 Mac Mini
Hotspot activation requiring activation from the phone company? Just sounds like another cash grab to me. Jailbreakers will fix that fast.

OP
eliehass
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So, they did hear us.

Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that they were giving users the ability to choose what they want to use the slide switch for. I'm excited because I see no purpose for a dedicated mute switch in the iPad.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Too many...
I feel sorry for the suckers who actually pay those proposed OBNOXIOUSLY high "hotspot" rates. MiWi for the win!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Core Duo 2.0GHz 1.5GB, 20" iMac C2D 2.4GHz 4GB, PowerPC G4 500MHz 512MB
Hotspot activation requiring activation from the phone company? Just sounds like another cash grab to me. Jailbreakers will fix that fast.

Jailbreakers fixed it a while ago.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.