Interesting tool to fix a crunchy trackpad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.06; 24" iMac 3.06; MBP 15 i7; 13" Macbook 2.4; 32gb iPodTouch; iMac G4; PowerMac G3&G4
I just discovered an excellent way of fixing a "crunchy" trackpad on my 15" MBP.

Problem: the left side of my trackpad would have a crunchy feel, almost like a click-and-a-half. took it to my nearest Apple store and the nicely took out the battery and cleaned out behind the trackpad. Didn't really work. I thought the trackpad was shot.

Solution: In looking on the interwebs for a solution someone suggested a piece of paper worked for the raised buttons on a Powerbook. So I used the same tool, a piece of paper, on my MBP trackpad. Simply take the edge of the paper in the small groove around the edge. It dislodged whatever was causing the crunch (not Cap'n Crunch morsels, mind you) and restored the precise "click" that I have come to love in my trackpad, which I generally worship anyway.

FYI...

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.