Changed the router, Mac won't connect to the wireless network

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (2010), 1.86GHz C2D, 4GB, 128GB SSD | Power Mac G4 DA 466MHz, 1GB, OS X 10.4.11, OS 9
Hello,

I've just changed the router in my network. When I boot the Mac, it won't detect the wireless network immediately at startup. It tells me that none of the preferred networks are available and, surprise, offers me the opportunity to connect to my wireless network - it's listed in the dialog box.

Any suggestions what might be wrong?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Did you connect the Mac to the router via the ethernet cable and set up basic and then wireless?

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air (2010), 1.86GHz C2D, 4GB, 128GB SSD | Power Mac G4 DA 466MHz, 1GB, OS X 10.4.11, OS 9
Did you connect the Mac to the router via the ethernet cable and set up basic and then wireless?

No, I set up the router from a Windows PC connected via ethernet cable.

EDIT: I've just reinstalled the system and the Mac connects perfectly.

C

chas_m

Well, that was using a flamethrower to kill a housefly, but I'm glad it worked for you.

For future reference: Macs aren't PCs and don't need to have the system reinstalled in order to solve minor issues.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.