Links going to Apple start page!

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I've actually had my mac for a while now but something weird started happening yesterday.

I regularly copy and paste links as part of my job and since yesterday some of them have been changing to the apple start page instead of going to the web page of the intended link.

So for example I copied a link from the BBC today, I then sent the link to a client, they went to open it and it went to this page instead Apple - Start

Any ideas why is this happening? It's happened a couple of times now, not on every link I've sent.

Thanks in advance,

Vicki :Cool:

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Welcome to the Mac Forums

Perhaps the link was garbled or somehow got corrupt when you sent it to your client. The fact that it didn't happen with all the links kind of leads me to suspect that's what happened. The only other thing I can think of is it's Apple gremlins. :D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.