New Here...Have a question about an iMac...

Reaction score
Okay, so I found your site via Google...I'm looking to purchase an iMac but can't afford to buy a new one...found this AD on CL and I'm just wondering if it's a good deal or not...can't seem to find a price on what these are going for "used" assuming it is in good (mint) condition.

Help?

THANK YOU! :D

They're asking $2100...

iMac with 2TB of memory, 8GB ram, 21.5" display & more!

This is for a 21.5" iMac with a gorgeous HD display, extra software, and TONS of memory!!

Here are the specs:

21.5 inch HD display
2 TB of memory (I have not come anywhere close to filling it! So much space!)
8 GB of ram
3.33 Ghz processor
Upgraded video card
Wireless Keyboard
Wireless Magic Mouse
Includes iLife 11
Includes Adobe Photoshop CS5 & Lightroom 3 preinstalled.
Apple Care (3 year extended care) included.

If you haven't worked on one of these before, you will be blown away. Such an amazing computer, so compact and clean looking, and so efficient. You will love it!!
Email right away if you are interested.
Thank you!
kat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21.5" 3.06 GHz 4GB 500GB HDD i3 Processor ATI Radeon HD 4670 with 256MB / iPhone 3GS 8GB
Hi,

I have to say that is a very high spec iMac! especially for a 21.5" I have a 500GB with 4 GD Ram
Mine is extremely quick!
What do you want to use the computer for it may be a little high spec for what you want it for!

I do not think that Mac is standard they do not some with a 2TB memory!

Here are some options of brand new ones that you could afford!

iMac - Buy iMac desktop computers - Apple Store (U.S.)

Even the 27" High spec is cheaper than the mac you are looking at!

if you want my advice buy brand new you then have the re-assurance of the full 12 month warranty And Applecare are amazing trust me!

Cheers,

Matt

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
Just the 21.5" iMac with 8GB of memory and 2TB of Harddrive (what the poster is calling 'memory' and is wrong about) goes for about $1849 brand new from Apple. The video card, wireless keyboard and mouse come for that price..

iLife is comprised of iPhoto ($14.99), iMovie ($14.99) and GarageBadnd ($14.99) all prices from the Mac App Store..

Now Adobe Photoshop CS5 is $699, and Lightroom 3 is $299.

Apple Care extended to 3 year is $169.

So $1849 + ($14.99 x 3) + $699 + $299 + $169 = $3060.97

So assuming that the Photoshop and Lightroom are legit (you will WANT to confirm with a physical CD or a serial number you can verify with Adobe), then the $2100 price is about $900 less than what he paid for everything..

Regards

OP
E
Reaction score
Thank you

Okay, so that lady wouldn't lower the price so I found another one.

Im looking to buy an iMac and a MacBook or MacBook Pro

This is a good computer/deal?

MacBook 13" Core Duo 2.0Ghz 500GB HD 2GB RAM - OBO

MacBook 13" Core Duo 2.0Ghz 500GB HD 2GB RAM

Price $500 OBO

MacBook 13" Mid 2007 model
2.0 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor
2GB of RAM
500 GB HD 5400 rpm
Built in iSight Video Camera
NEW Keyboard and Display bezel

Battery life: 4.5 hours

Accessories:
Battery Charger
Apple Remote (White)
Tiger OS Disc
Manual

Cosmetics:
Normal wear and tear.

If you click on the link there's pictures... thank you so much for your help!

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
Maybe I'm just suspicious by nature but this looks too much to me like an end run around the rules regarding posting items for sale here.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Maybe I'm just suspicious by nature but this looks too much to me like an end run around the rules regarding posting items for sale here.

Not in my opinion. She's looking to buy and asking advice, not trying to sell something.

RavingMac

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16Gb Mac Mini 2018, 15" MacBook Pro 2012 1 TB SSD
You've got more experience at this than me, so you are probably right. It just looked to me a lot like someone posing as seeking advice for an excuse to post links to external sales site.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
That's a four year old computer - I'm thinking $500 is high, but maybe not. Double check the specs and manufacturing date. If it's a Core Duo, it would be manufactured early 2006, as Apple upgraded to Core 2 Duo late 2006. If it's a Core Duo, then it's more than 4 years old, and definitely not worth the $500.

The title says Core Duo, the specs say Core 2 Duo, which would fall in line with the stated manufacture date.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
I'd never buy a computer on CL or E-bay. Too many chances of something being wrong with it that you can't see. I'd strongly recommend Apple's refurbished store. Guaranteed to be good as new and in perfect working order. Can't beat it - even comes with standard first year coverage.
Refurbished Mac - Apple Store (U.S.)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OP
E
Reaction score
Nope, not selling anything. Just never owned a Mac before and no one at the Mac store wants to help me! I have to make an appointment!!!

Anyway, you're right. As much as I want to save the money, I'm not going to buy it on CL or eBay. I'm looking at those links for the refurbished site you posted! Thank you!!

Basically, I want two things. One, an iMac with at least a 1TB (would consider 500gb) hard drive. Fairly fast but doesn't have to be lightning although it would be nice. And a MacBook around the same idea but I don't care with the memory as much on that one. With the laptop, I want a 250gb or more, but again, don't want to spend excess just for more hard drive space.

Also, I'd like them to be fairly recent just because I'd be afraid to have outdated stuff and not even know what to do with it or how to use it.

Thanks, checking out that refurbished site now!

This one a good deal? Says its 26% off...

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FC413LL/A?mco=MTU0Mzg0NTQ

Or this one considering its a 27"...

http://store.apple.com/us/product/FB952LL/A?mco=MTU3ODU5MzY

OP
E
Reaction score
To my way of thinking this would be a great buy:-

Refurbished iMac 21.5-inch 3.2GHz Intel Core i3 processor - Apple Store (U.S.)

Refurbished come with the full twelve months warranty and you can take up Applecare for a three year warranty, at a price, if you wish. That way you have three years protection and the Apple warranty.

So is this one a great buy or is this MacBook just outdated considering the MacBook Pro is out?

Refurbished MacBook 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo - Apple Store (U.S.)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
All of those are pretty good prices considering they come with factory warranty.
Personally, think the one Harry linked to is the better buy - newer model with the i3 CPU and much better graphics card.

The MacBook Pro has always been out. The MB and MBP are two different models.
Must consider with the MB, there is no firewire port if that is something you will need for connecting a video camera.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.