• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple’s Phil Schiller on Building the Verizon iPhone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Good read. I'm still waiting to see what VZW to does with it's data plans for the hot spot thing though. That's a potential gold mine and I'm waiting for the fireworks to start in threads here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
I'm curious as well about the hotspot thing. Mainly if they'll charge extra. Currently verizon charges like an extra 20 or 30 bucks a month (I forget, I don't have it) to tether, assuming you haven't hacked your droid to do it for free.

I think they could have alot of potential switchers, though, if they keep it free. I wouldn't be surprised if they're banking on this. If you're carrying your hotspot around in your pocket, then you can buy the cheaper iPad without a subscription. This can drum up sales for both verizon and apple. Apple sells two devices, and verizon potentially gets more iPad users logging into their network, because they don't have to buy an extra subscription through ATT or pay an extra tethering fee.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Tethering/wi-fi hotspot is a cool feature, but won't do a lot of good if you don't have a decent data plan.
But I would absolutely make good use of it when traveling or just on a local road trip by bringing my iPad along. I'd just have to monitor my data usage closely cause I'm on the lowest 200mb plan.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.