Spinning Pinwheel when syncing iPhone and iPod

Reaction score
Hi yall. I tried searching and didn't see any answers to the problem I am having, so thought I would give this a try.

iPhone 4
MacBook with Mac OS X 10.5.8
iTunes 10

All are up to date.

ISSUE: Whenever I connect to iTunes, iTunes recognizes the phone, but whenever I try to click on the options on top (such as music, videos, photos, etc) I get the spinning pinwheel of death. Also, if I click sync now or check for updates, I get the same spinning pinwheel. iTunes is completely unresponsive. I have to restart the computer all together. This issue just started about 2 weeks ago, everything was syncing/working fine until then. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? I've tried all the different fixes from apple support, but none of them fix the issue. I tried creating a new user on my MacBook and everything worked fine, so I am not sure what to do. I have attached a pic of the screen I get when I try syncing.

I also have an 80gb iPod and when I sync, iTunes becomes unresponsive as well.

Anyone have any ideas?

Sync Issue.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.