Macbook won't boot - deleted files

Reaction score
I was working in Filezilla yesterday and as I was trying to upload my website from point A to point B there were a bunch of files that Filezilla had found on my computer through a scan.

I deleted the files not thinking that it would delete them from the Hard Drive, just from Filezilla.

The computer froze up and I restarted and got an image of a blinking folder, a circle with a slash and a question mark that all flashed one after another.

I think i was running osx 10.6, and i have some new macbook pro discs but not my original ones.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're going to have to reinstall Snow Leopard, so it would be a good idea to purchase a Snow Leopard DVD. Apple store or Best Buy. $29. Of course if you have a backup, restore from that instead.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
A Snow Leopard reinstall automatically does an "Archive and Install" reinstallation, so no, you won't lose data. But, make a backup anyway. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.