Outlook 2011 Forwarding issue

Reaction score
There's probably a simple setting that I've overlooked, but I'm having a problem forwarding outgoing messages from Outlook 2011 using a rule setting to an e-mail address. the message arrives okay, but the content of the message body is blank. This was never a problem with Office 2004 Entourage using a simple rule setting to forward outgoing messages to a specific e-mail address, but with Office Outlook 2011 running OS10.6.6, I can't figure out why this is happening. Any suggestions?

Reaction score
There's probably a simple setting that I've overlooked, but I'm having a problem forwarding outgoing messages from Outlook 2011 using a rule setting to an e-mail address. the message arrives okay, but the content of the message body is blank. This was never a problem with Office 2004 Entourage using a simple rule setting to forward outgoing messages to a specific e-mail address, but with Office Outlook 2011 running OS10.6.6, I can't figure out why this is happening. Any suggestions?

Slightly different issue but when I enable a forwarding rule it may work correctly for a time (up to a day maybe) but will then get an "unknown error" and my database will be corrupted. This happened before SP1 and after.

After numerous restores and database rebuilds, with calls to MS tech support, have heard from Microsoft that it is a known problem and will be addressed in a future update.

Reaction score
Slightly different issue but when I enable a forwarding rule it may work correctly for a time (up to a day maybe) but will then get an "unknown error" and my database will be corrupted. This happened before SP1 and after.

After numerous restores and database rebuilds, with calls to MS tech support, have heard from Microsoft that it is a known problem and will be addressed in a future update.

I have the exact same issue - any POP rule I create that forwards a message results in strange behavior, including the "unknown error" message and corrupted Outlook database. Everything works fine until a message that triggers the rule arrives, then weird stuff happens. Sometimes it will forward the message multiple times, sometimes not at all, but it will usually fail to fetch any additional new messages from the server that are AFTER the trigger message in the queue. If I disable the rule everything works fine.

Reaction score
I have the exact same issue - any POP rule I create that forwards a message results in strange behavior, including the "unknown error" message and corrupted Outlook database. Everything works fine until a message that triggers the rule arrives, then weird stuff happens. Sometimes it will forward the message multiple times, sometimes not at all, but it will usually fail to fetch any additional new messages from the server that are AFTER the trigger message in the queue. If I disable the rule everything works fine.

YES!!!
I find it extraordinary that more folks aren't struggling with the same issue.

Took me many calls to Microsoft Tech Support to finally get an acknowledgement that this is a known problem.

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that they can successfully set up and trigger a rule in Outlook that forwards a message that comes in from a POP account?

My e-mail provider is Yahoo Plus, if that makes any difference...trying to think of possible common threads...

Reaction score
Facing similar issue

Hi!

I'am too facing the same issue. Any solution as of now?

Thanks!
Kishan

Reaction score
As far as I know, we still have to wait on Microsoft to fix this "Known Problem", which has not happened yet.

At least they acknowledge it at the higher levels. Does seem strange that it has lingered so long.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.