MS Word doc viewer

Reaction score
I have OpenOffice which I use to make all my office documents. This generally works quite well.

However, sometimes when other people open my .docs using MS Word there are some odd formatting issues that do not appear when I look at them in OpenOffice.

I need some way to see what they see, before I send things off to people.

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PPC Mini, 10.4.11. Intel Mini, 10.6.8. MacBook Pro, 10.14.6. M1 MBA 11.6.3 iPhone 5 iOS 12.5,
As it's the version of Word that is on the recipient's PC that is causing the formatting differences, you'll need a PC with that version of Word on to see.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It's simply because Open Office is not 100% compatible with MS Word when it comes to formatting and style. If you want folks to see "exactly" what you sent them in a particular document you'll need to use MS Word, otherwise you'll have to live with the anomalies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.