"Last Played" date the same for each song in iTunes and in System Profiler?

Reaction score
Hello all,

I thought this was originally an iTunes specific problem, but it looks like it has taken over my entire account?

"Hi all,

I have had this problem for a while now. About 6 months ago, I noticed that the "last played" date for each song that had been played in my library was stuck on 27/6/2010. It updates the time of day correctly, but the date is stuck. Now, on this day, I'm not sure what happened, but I think I did an iTunes update, but I can't be certain.

I have restored the iPod and it doesn't look like that is the problem.

I am running a Mac on Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a). After going into System Profiler, it seems that all my dates are set at 27/6/2010...all "last modified" dates are 27/6/2010....I thought this was just an iTunes problem...

Has anyone seen this before? "

To see the rest of the thread, please go here

Thank you for all your help, this is driving me nuts!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Back to my old 2.2GHz C2D MB after selling my MBP and wondering what my next Mac will be :)
If creating the new account fixes the issue, then that is the fix.
This means that there is at least one corrupt file if not more in your user account.
What you could do is move com.apple.systempreferences.plst and com.apple.systemprofiler.plst to your desktop and reboot and see if this fixes the issue before you go with the new account fix.

OP
Submeg
Reaction score
I shall try moving the file and seeing what happens. How hard is it to shift programs and such to a new user profile?

OP
Submeg
Reaction score
No luck, removed the file and still, system profiler is stuck

OP
Submeg
Reaction score
So how do I go about shifting all my programs and iTunes playcounts + ratings across to a new user profile?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.