Powerbook 17 won't eject music CD's

B

brianhagen

Ok, it does about 1/3 of the time. I'm loading up my itunes library and so im ripping my music cd's.

After ripping, if i try to eject from iTunes.. it doesn't actually eject.

If I instead, quit iTunes, and eject from Finder, it disappears from COMPUTER, but doesn't actually eject.

If I then try to load a program, ie iTunes or Qtime, and see if it sees the CD.. the program just spins.

Anyone know why I can never eject CDs without turning off my computer? This happens on old music CDs, new music CD's...any really.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
I've had problems with all my macs and ejecting CDs. I've found usually it works, if I drag the CD icon to the trash. Using the button on my keyboard does work about 70% of the time.

If a CD is ever "stuck" in the drive, you can reboot while holding the mouse/trackpad button.

OP
B

brianhagen

Thanks for the reply.. im looking for a solution where i don't have to reboot everytime i want to switch CD's

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
I have had the same problems with my power book... I am still working on an easier solution (been trying to look around the internet for reasons why this happens) but so far the only solution I acutally have is that you reboot the computer while holding the trackpad button down as rs2 said.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.