Switching Drives from a Macbook Pro 13 to a 15 Questions

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB Pro/ 2.4GHZ / 2GB
So I finally talked my brother into switching me his 15" Macbook Pro 2.4 i5 for my new 13" Macbook Pro 2.4 core2duo. I swapped the drives between them and booted them both back up and noticed they did take a little longer to boot but did so just fine. Now to be honest I have seen a few things act a tiny bit slow and I am wondering if the OS settings need time to adjust to the new hardware. I would really really really not like to reinstall OS X but if I must to maximize performance you bet I will.

I will be using this laptop for music creation, graphic design, gaming, and 3D Rendering here in a bit. Does anyone know of any helpful hints?

Btw, WoW and StarCraft already look twice as good with this dedicated card, however logic pro doesnt seem to care about the new i5 chip, What gives? Maybe the core2duo wasn't lacking behind the i5 as much as I tought?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Probably different drivers and settings. Clean install is best and if you connect via Firewire you can use Migration Assistant to transfer Applications, Network Settings etc.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.