Mail - send emails back to server?

Reaction score
Hi,

I have never owned a Mac and don't know much about them. I am doing this for a co-worker.

She uses Outlook at the office (IMAP), has a Blackberrry, and Macbook Air (POP) to read her email. Suddenly all her emails older than a week or so disappeared from Outlook and the server. I think I narrowed it down to Mail on the Macbook. It had the option checked to remove emails older than a week.

Is there a way to move them back to the server so that they show in her Outlook?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Set the MacBook up to use IMAP instead of POP. Then copy them back over from the MacBook.

OP
P
Reaction score
Set the MacBook up to use IMAP instead of POP. Then copy them back over from the MacBook.

Do you mean to disable the POP account, create a new IMAP account that goes to the same place on the server, then drag and drop the emails from the POP "Inbox" to IMAP "Inbox" ?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.