stuck touchpad

Reaction score
i spilt a little soda on my keyboard/touchpad about a month ago. A few keys were sticky but they're pretty good now. I have just noticed that the top right corner of my touchpad is stuck to the bottom and i cant press it in anymore. The rest of the touchpad works but i would like to fix it because it is pretty annoying. Any suggestions to fixing this?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
Try a cotton swab with the tinniest amount of water on it, hopefully that would clear up the soda.

OP
C
Reaction score
ok i'll give that a try. thanks. i planned in bringing it to a genius bar soon, hoping they could help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Apple sadly doesn't cover spills. Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am not sure if Apple with replace your track pad if you pay for it. It's worth a shot though. Good luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Currently 13" Late 2010 MBA, 4GB/128GB; Early 2011 13" MBP, dual core i7 2.7ghz, 4gb ram, 500gb hd
It's possible, and maybe even likely, that if an Apple Store looks at your computer and notes liquid damage, they'll stop the repair and requote for a full repair, between $950 and $1200 depending on model. You might have better luck with an independent Apple Authorized Service Provider in your area, as they might have a little more leeway about how to handle liquid spills. As with others, though, it might be worth looking into homeowner's or renter's insurance to see if you might be covered for a repair or replacement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch 2012 Air
I know it's to late now but you should switch to diet soda. It's not sticky if you spill it because there is no sugar and it's just better for you. Well, better as soda can get anyway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.