Strange iPod Artwork Question

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just have a really quick, random question regarding album artwork and iTunes. About two weeks ago I had a situation where I had lost all of my music in my iTunes library, which I was able to fix (but had to go through and manually re-add each song in order to locate and delete the roughly 10 or so songs that were corrupting the entire library). I finally got around to updating my iPod today in preparation for the upcoming school semester and noticed that all of a sudden a lot of the album artwork -- which shows up completely fine in iTunes -- is gone when attempting to view it on my iPod.

What is strange is that there does not seem to be any method to which albums correctly display artwork and those that do not, and even more confusing is the fact that for those albums where it does not display you *can* see the correct thumbnail of the artwork in the upper right hand corner when toggling between the regular view and the album tracklist view. Furthermore, some of the artwork has gotten completely messed up, with artwork for one album somehow showing up on another, completely unrelated song.

I've attempted to delete some of the files without artwork from my iPod and re-add the files back onto my iPod from my iTunes again, but doing so still does not make them appear with the correct artwork (but the thumbnail does show up correctly). I'm someone that is kind of anal-retentive about this, so any help/advice you could give me would be appreciated!

Thanks,

-- Drew

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.