Hi Im New

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch Macbook [ Black ] , Itouch 2generation
Hi Im new here and I joined because I am having a slight problem with one of my applications ... I have the black macbook which I purchased last year .

The application I am having a problem with is ichat ! Someway Somehow the application got deleted from MAC :Angry: Its so frustrating because I called the Apple store and they said that there should be a link for ichat on the apple website but its like I have to pay like almost $50 for something or the other - I am not even sure . Basically I would like to know how I can get it back on my mac without fussing and fighting with others .

ps : I have no installation CDs . My father did all the installing of programs and then lent the CDs to my uncle which we have not gotten back .

Help Me ! Please ! I want my ichat back

tia

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook 2.2GHz C2D, 4GB Ram - iMac G4 700MHz, 512MB Ram
Are you certain it was moved into the trash...and then the trash was emptied? If not, try looking for it in the trash, if it's not in there maybe it was moved somewhere odd. Try searching for it in spotlight.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
That won't work without the installation CDs which the OP says he does not have at the moment. The only download I see on the apple site are iChat updates. I am not sure if it is on the Snow Leopard Disc but I think it is.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank You all for your replies ... i WILL TRY THEM ALL
and btw - im a girl :)

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Thank You all for your replies ... i WILL TRY THEM ALL
and btw - im a girl :)

My sincere apologies. When I goof I really goof.

BTW Anyone else having trouble with that download link. It does not seem to be working for me in Safari.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Unibody 13" 150 GB HDD
My sincere apologies. When I goof I really goof.

BTW Anyone else having trouble with that download link. It does not seem to be working for me in Safari.

I had no problem downloading it. Try going to Apple and searching for Face Time and download it from there.

OP
L
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have Facetime for Mac but it isnt quite the same thing because alot of people havent downloaded that as of yet . I would really like my ichat back

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4ghz Unibody
try calling or going to a mac store and see if they will install it free of charge. Won't hurt to ask.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.