Skype iPhone App Problem

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
Anyone using the Skype iPhone app? I'm trying it out for the first time and very impressed with it's outgoing call abilities. But, I've run into a problem that might be a deal breaker.

While on a Skype call, if I receive a regular incoming cellular call, the Skype call is immediately dropped and the Skype app closes. Any way to prevent this from happening? Obviously, having your current call automatically dropped anytime someone dials your cellular number is unacceptable. Is there a setting that I'm missing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Anyone using the Skype iPhone app? I'm trying it out for the first time and very impressed with it's outgoing call abilities. But, I've run into a problem that might be a deal breaker.

While on a Skype call, if I receive a regular incoming cellular call, the Skype call is immediately dropped and the Skype app closes. Any way to prevent this from happening? Obviously, having your current call automatically dropped anytime someone dials your cellular number is unacceptable. Is there a setting that I'm missing?

Short of telling people to stop calling you on the "regular" cell number, you could simply forward that number to your Skype number.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.