Apple component cables don't work Iphone 4

Reaction score
I bought original apple component cables and tried hooking em up to the tv via my iphone 4.

But guess what i get sound but no pic. Ive tried it on 3 of my sony bravia tvs still the same.

I even called up apple to help me get it working but they have no idea.

I have tried changing settings for PAL To NTCS yet no diff. Anyone else got this problem. I want to see how infinity blade looks on my TV.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I have a set but I haven't used them with my iPhone 4 yet. I'll give it a whirl in a bit and see what happens.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
If Apple had no joy in helping out, and they went through there trouble shooting, it could well be a defective cable. It does happen. If baggss comes back with a smile then i would lean towards the cable ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
So what seems to be the problem there, what a waste of $50

I wouldnt be saying that. If its a genuine Apple cable and you have proof of purchase then go and swap it over . . . . Not sure where you got it from, and if it wasnt a  store then go in with the Apple support discussions under your belt and they should change it for you.
A defective product never means "A waste of money"

OP
S
Reaction score
Of course its original cables, only problem is i lost that receipt, if more then 5 ppl said it don't work on their iphones on that apple site then i guess these cables don't work for iphone 4 anyone here has the cables for their phone and tested it let me know thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Of course its original cables, only problem is i lost that receipt, if more then 5 ppl said it don't work on their iphones on that apple site then i guess these cables don't work for iphone 4 anyone here has the cables for their phone and tested it let me know thanks.

That more than 5 ppl could be out of a pool of 5000 that bought one, 10 000 that bought one. What im trying to say is those 5 ppl would be a small % of what has been sold. Just like AntenneaGate
Have you seen any good reports around like this TUAW ~ Confirmed: Apple component cable works with iPhone

Looks pretty cool actually :)

OP
S
Reaction score
yeh but look at that link you posted up, it shows back to 2007 of course it works for the older iphones but does it work for iphone 4. I don't think it does, ive read another site and theres more people complaining it don't work. I just need one person here to test it out if it works for theres. Then im %100 sure if mine are defective or not. Apple

Phone support were rubbish its always an indian guy on the phone does not know what hes talking about.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
The iPhone 4 is listed as compatible with the Component AV Cable, and some reading shows that it does work for some people, so either your cable is defective, or your phone is.

One thing you might want to try is to restore the firmware on your iPhone and set it up as a "new" phone (don't restore from backup). Perhaps restoring it to a virgin state will root out some subtle bug that creeped in. Naturally, make a backup first that you can restore back to in case this doesn't work.

OP
S
Reaction score
Ok i have narrowed it down, i tried it on my brothers iphone still the same, tried it on my uncle brand new iphone last night. Same story, so either its defective or it just don't work at all for iphone 4. In some of the post when ppl complain they said apple should of have no listed it as it don't work for them even a guy bought it brand new and no pic but sound.

And yes i have dont a restore and boot it as a new phone still the same anyone here can test it on their iphones. And i can't return this or exchange them as i got no receipt waiting on someone to test theirs. So ill know for sure mines defective.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I actually have composite cables not component. They do work with the iPhone 4 though, I just tried them.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.