Clean install to Imac

Reaction score
when I do a clean install to my imac will I lose mt iphone apps stored ln the itunes folder my windows xp will no accecpt the license code since i updated my paraells desk top. may be a clean install will fix it

eddie 2.93 imac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
I'm not sure I follow you here. Firstly, yes you will lose your iPhone apps if you wipe your hard drive clean, however you can re-download them again for free using the same Apple ID. Although re-syncing your iPhone should restore them in any event.

However, it seems you want to reinstall OS X because Windows XP won't accept your license code under Parallels? That won't fix the problem. There's very very very rarely a good reason to ever reinstall OS X, and this isn't one of them. Presumably, the update to Parallels triggered Windows to think your hardware has changed and wants you to reactivate it. You should contact Parallels customer service and check with them since their update triggered the problem.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.