Help - iphone/itunes sync problem

Reaction score
Wondered if anyone could help - my iphone got full so I deleted some stuff but have a few playlists I can't delete - on itunes the aren't in any categories & I can't imagine how I put them where they are - I'll attach a screen shot as it's hard to explain - but right click doesn't give a delete option & can't drag & drop them anywhere. (the problem playlists are: Dad's Army/Recently Played/The Showing up of Lance Corporal Jones/Purchased on iPhone)
have tried re-syncing, restoring etc. - to no avail. The only other thing I can think of is a complete reset which I'm not keen on as a lot of stuff I don't want to lose.

Thanks!

iphone itunes sync problem.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Wondered if anyone could help - my iphone got full so I deleted some stuff but have a few playlists I can't delete - on itunes the aren't in any categories & I can't imagine how I put them where they are - I'll attach a screen shot as it's hard to explain - but right click doesn't give a delete option & can't drag & drop them anywhere. (the problem playlists are: Dad's Army/Recently Played/The Showing up of Lance Corporal Jones/Purchased on iPhone)
have tried re-syncing, restoring etc. - to no avail. The only other thing I can think of is a complete reset which I'm not keen on as a lot of stuff I don't want to lose.

On your iPhone, open the iPod app. Then tap on Playlists. Are those aberrant playlists there? If so, tap on each one, then hit Delete.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iPod Touches and iPad
A playlist is only a list of songs and doesn't really take up any space. Deleting a playlist does not delete the songs within the list.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.