Bootcamp/mac crash. Cannot restore mac help!

Reaction score
So I was trying to setup bootcamp on my mac here. While setting it up, it came to the part where it asks for a disk. I mounted a windows xp disk on my mac and figured it could to its thing. After it "read the disk" it restarted and now my mac is all wacked. I didnt know it was going to really need the physical disk to read (stupid mistake I see now)!

Everytime I start it up now it shows "can't read/find images aka no go sign & folder with question mark." ive tried putting in my mac os x CD and even found original windows xp CD, hoping to get it to revive or finish its course...

I really dont want to go out and buy another hard drive since i just got this one not too long ago. Is there anyway to fix this??

Help is greatly appreciated

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Try rebooting, but hold down the OPTION key while doing so. This should give you a list of bootable volumes. If it does, select the one for your OS X partition. Once in, re-run Boot Camp and remove that Windows partition.

OP
J
Reaction score
It worked!!
Thanks so much lifesabeach. I thought for a second I was in deep shhhhhhh.

Never going to set it up like that again tell you what.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.