iMac G3- Better Video Cards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.16GHzIC2D/1GB/120 OSX 10.5 , A bunch of other macs, iPod Mini Orig. 4G iPod Video 30Gb
Hi everybody

I have an iMac G3, 500Mhz, 768 RAM, 20GBHDD (60GB external). It has the stock video card.

I was thinkin if i bought like a Radeon 9200 could i use that instead. It is able to be done.
If not this card (9200) can it be done with any other cards

Thanks alot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
There is no way to upgrade the video card for your iMac. iMacs weren't designed to be updated or upgraded to that extent. The video "card" is part of the logic board and not really a card at all.

T

Trev the great

id take his word for it... my friend had a bondi blue tray load imac a few years back, and she completely bolloxed it up wen she tried to put in a new cpu, older imacs are tricky like that.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
All-in-one computers (that includes all iMacs, eMacs, and every type of laptop) are not upgradable in terms of graphics, and only very few of them can have faster CPUs fitted.
The only upgrades possible are memory, drives (HD & optical) and adding Airport cards...that's it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.