Safari, itunes and software updater all dont work

Reaction score
Hi,
Safari does not work when I click on it the rainbow wheel pops up and stays there and the whole MacBook crashes. I have deleted safari and reinstaled it and that doesn't work. I have firefox on the computer and it works perfectly. I have tried the softwar updater but this also crashes and then gives me the error code -1001 and says its a network problem yet when I run diagnostics it says the network is running fine. Also itunes works and loads normally until it tries to connect with the store over the internet and it just crashes. I really need some help here please.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Try performing these same tasks while logged in as another user and see if the experience differs. This will help narrow down the problem.

OP
M
Reaction score
Yes these tasks are fine as a new user but i've tried deleting the preferences and didn't work what else could it be.

OP
M
Reaction score
i dont believe i have any install disks unless you know of a way to get them?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
late 2012 mini w/SSD
You don't have the original restore/install disks that came with the computer?

Try the Safe Boot procedure in the same link I gave you.

OP
M
Reaction score
You don't have the original restore/install disks that came with the computer?

Try the Safe Boot procedure in the same link I gave you.

Hi sorry for the late reply, I don't have the disks because I'm a student and the box is at my parents house in the loft. I tried the safe boot procedure and it didn't work.

please help me some more lol

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Call your parents and ask them to send you the disks. They can mail them to you in one of those CD mailers. Or, buy a Snow Leopard upgrade DVD from Best Buy or your nearest Apple store. $29

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.