• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple to Announce Second-Generation iPad Within 3-4 Weeks?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Now THIS, I smell VZW....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2018 15" MBP, 2019 11" iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro
Now THIS, I smell VZW....

Interesting... that's something I haven't heard yet. Everyone's speculating an iPad 2.0 but a VZW version is a fresh idea. I like that. Competition is good for the consumer. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 MBP i7 2.7 GHz 15" Matte - 16 GB RAM - 120 GB Intel SSD - 500 GB DataDoubler Mac OS 10.9
If this is true I know what I want for my birthday! (Feb 4) :D

Reaction score
If this is true, I think I have a reason of getting an iPad…I'm on VZW's network. And if I know VZW, they'll package the deal in with a data plan (not that I'm counting on it however, seeing as it doesn't totally make sense).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If this is true, I think I have a reason of getting an iPad…I'm on VZW's network. And if I know VZW, they'll package the deal in with a data plan (not that I'm counting on it however, seeing as it doesn't totally make sense).

VZW has the current iPad with the dongle for their network. Can't you get the same thing now?

Reaction score
VZW has the current iPad with the dongle for their network. Can't you get the same thing now?

It's two devices I'd have to carry around (even though the dongle or little wifi pad is slim). I'd rather carry around one device (the iPad) with the networking capability built in. Secondly, the prices are STEEP for the combination (not that it isn't expensive for the WiFi+3G). $20 for 1GB isn't too bad…I forget how much it is for unlimited at AT&T though...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.5, 6gb ram, 500gb hard drive. 2010 13" MacBook Air 1.86 C2D, 4gb ram, 128gb HD.
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I forget how much it is for unlimited at AT&T though...

AT&T doesn't do unlimited anymore. I just looked at that Friday as a friend of mine was considering getting a 3G iPad. The most you can get is 2Gb/month for $25.99/Month IIRC.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.