Error Code -1407

Reaction score
When attempting to move files from my memory stick to the trash, I receive this statement:

"The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -1407)."

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
When attempting to move files from my memory stick to the trash, I receive this statement:

"The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -1407)."

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

A little Googling suggests a couple solutions. First, try rebooting. If that doesn't work, try repairing permissions. Failing that, you may need to run a Disk Repair utility. See this thread for more details:
Apple - Support - Discussions - Suddenly Items Dropped In Trash Are ...

Reaction score
I got around the issue by not copying all the files aty once. I copied say 50 percent the first copy and then the second 50 percent the second copy.
I think Mac has a bug.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 Mac Studio, 11" iPad Pro 3rd Gen, iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch Series 7, AirPods Pro
It may have to do with the drive not being formatted on a Mac, or because it was formatted on Windows OS, maybe?

Reaction score
I don't think so as the second time it worked and the drive has been used before as a backup drive.
This is a fairly new drive (less than six months). What I am also concerned about that since the message was so vague, that it could have been on the sending drive. What would be so hard from Apple to give minimal information like which drive caused the problem? I am used to a different environment where the OS was at least help in problem determination.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.