My Mac boots in Safe Boot - Help

Reaction score
This evening when I turned on my Mac it booted up in Safe Boot, and I'm not sure why. This is the 2nd time this has happened in less than 3 months.
The first time I googled to see why it would do that with no real answer. But, it did it again and I was hoping someone could help me out and
perhaps explain why this is happening.

If I restart my Mac once it fully boots in safe it will boot normally, but does anyone know why this is happening?
I always shut down normally and never let it run for days on end.

Here's my computer stats:
Mac OS X 10.6.5
3,2 GHZ
4GD
27 inch.

Reaction score
Just to rule out the obvious, are you fidgety and might have pressed the Shift key during boot -- or do you have cats which might have walked on the keyboard after you turned on the computer and walked away to get coffee?

Failing that, my suggestion would be to take the system to a Mac Store and let the goons behind the counter figure out what's wrong.

OP
L
Reaction score
I bought it brand new from the apple store in November. The only real programs on it are Adobe software.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook - OS X 10.9 - iPhone 4s - iPod - iPad
Hi,

I bought it brand new from the apple store in November.

I would defiantly take it into an Apple store and let the tech`s put it on test, you have a years free service (warranty) so why not take advantage as use it.;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.